Cover Image: STRINGER / AFP
- The Ukrainian president is expected to arrive in Washington today. According to CNN, citing two sources, Volodymyr Zelensky is visiting the United States, a visit that was kept secret until the last minute. He is scheduled to meet with congressional leaders and elected officials serving on the Parliamentary Committee on National Security on Wednesday, December 21. The Ukrainian president is expected to speak during a plenary session of Congress. The two heads of state will finally meet at the White House.
- Volodymyr Zelensky yesterday visited the city of Bakhmaut, which has been torn apart by heavy fighting in the east. During his visit, the Ukrainian president received a flag signed by the militants and declared: “We are going to give it to the US Congress, to the US President. We are grateful to them for their support, but it is not enough. » Troops from Moscow have been trying since the summer to capture the battle-torn city.
- Most of the fighting is now concentrated in the eastern part of the country. After a series of Russian military setbacks in northeastern and southern Ukraine, Vladimir Putin acknowledged the situation on Tuesday. “too hard” Moscow says it wants to annex four parts of southern and eastern Ukraine without fully seizing them.
- The Russian president appeared on television on Tuesday. He presented decorations to pro-Russian separatist fighters in the Kremlin and leaders of eastern Ukraine. “Our country has faced repeated challenges and defended its sovereignty. Today, Russia faces the same challenge again.He declared.
- Putin today wants to roll back last year’s decisions and set his military’s objectives for 2023. Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu was quoted as saying during a major meeting planned around him on Wednesday, which will include 15,000 officers. “Progress Status of Special Military Operation” In Ukraine.
- Emmanuel Macron maintained his position “Guarantee” to Russia. The French president maintained his stance on Tuesday “Guarantee” Security to be provided to Russia in the event of peace talks at the end of the war in Ukraine.
- New deliveries of French arms to Ukraine. France recently delivered rocket launchers and Grodale missile batteries to Ukraine and will continue its arms deliveries in early 2023, Emmanuel Macron announced on Tuesday in an interview with TF1 and LCI broadcasts.
- $610 million in additional assistance from the World Bank. The World Bank (WB) on Tuesday announced an additional $610 million loan to Ukraine. “Addressing the Most Urgent Needs” Health matter. The company last week committed $2 billion to support the Ukrainian private sector and finance preparations for reconstruction.
Meet up. Facing Serhiy Jadan “Hate” Russian.
Report. Georgia’s Ambiguous Neutrality