The Michigan Panthers made former University of Michigan quarterback Shea Patterson the first pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.
All eight teams drafted their quarterbacks in the first round on Tuesday night.
Patterson played two seasons at the Ole Miss before moving to UM for the 2018 season. He went without drafting in the 2020 NFL Draft and signed with the Chiefs as a free rookie but didn’t make the team.
Patterson spent stints with two Canadian Football League teams.
Tampa Bay Bandits selected former Ole Miss quarterback Jordan Ta’amu with the second selection.
Round 1 (QB)
1. Michigan Panthers – Shea Patterson, Michigan
2. Tampa Bay Bandit – Jordan Ta’amu, Ole Miss
3. Philadelphia Stars – Brian Scott, Occidental College
4. New Jersey Generals – Ben Holmes, State of Tarleton
5. Houston Gamblers – Clayton Thorson, Northwestern
6. Birmingham Stallion – Alex McGough, Florida International
7. Pittsburgh Muellers – Kyle Lolita, Richmond
8. New Orleans Breakers – Kyle Slaughter, Northern Colorado
Round 2 (Edge/DE)
1. New Orleans Breakers – Davin Bellamy, Georgia
2. Pittsburgh Mollers – Carlo Kemp, Michigan
3. Birmingham Stallions – Aaron Adewe, Southern Missouri
4. Houston Gamblers – Chris Odom, Arkansas State
5. New Jersey Generals – Bryson Young, Oregon
6. Philadelphia Stars – Freedom Akinmoladon, Nebraska
7. Tampa Bay Bandits – Mickey Brown, Alabama
8. Michigan Panthers – Adewale Adeoye, Utah
The NFL, which first played in the spring from 1983 to 1985, returned on April 16. All matches will be played in Birmingham.