The 38-year-old American, who suffered a violent seizure, was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston (USA). If he looks healthy, doctors will do a brain scan for him.
They later discovered three brain lesions and tapeworm larval cysts. Parasites have been living there for 20 years.
A “attractive” case
Dr. Edward D. Snyder, director of global epidemiology at Massachusetts General Hospital, described his case as “attractive.” Ryan promised. Washington Post.
The doctors were surprised that the tapeworm, which had been dead for so long, was causing her seizures. “The infection had disappeared for a long time, but part of his brain was scarred, and this part of the scar itself led to the seizure,” the expert said.
They estimated that he may have contracted the infection during a meal prepared by someone who had tapeworm. Humans also lived in Guatemala, where parasitic diseases were prevalent.
Ahead of an EU-Ukraine summit in Kew, Brussels announces €500 million in new military aid
Ukrainian military expects Russian attack on “multiple fronts”.
Russian bombing kills at least two in Kramatorsk