Cover Image: BULENT KILIC / AFP
- The European Union (EU) will “Intensify its efforts, including with partners, to restore electricity and heat to the population” In UkraineEuropean Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said after a phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Friday. Transformers and generators will be supplied from EU Member States ” soon “. Finland has announced equipment donations from companies in the energy sector.
- More than 6 million homes were affected by power outages in Ukraine on Friday. Two days after several Russian bombings, Mr. Zelensky declared.
- Russian bombing of Kherson on Friday killed 15 civilians and wounded thirty-five others, In southern Ukraine, an official said from a town where Moscow troops had recently withdrawn.
- Voluntary evacuation of residents of Kherson took place on Friday, the Ukrainian government said. According to Ukraine’s Ministry of Temporarily Occupied Territories, the first train, carrying 100 people, was sent to the western city of Khmelnytskyi.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the UN’s nuclear watchdog, made the confirmation late on Friday. Four of the country’s nuclear power plants – Rivne, Bivtenukrainsk, Khmelnytskyi and Zaporizhia – have been reconnected to the national power grid. Lost power completely off-site earlier in the week.
- France and Germany “We will support Ukraine until the end of this conflict”said French Prime Minister Elisabeth Bournewith German Chancellor Olaf Scholz in Berlin on Friday.
- Ukraine has decided to boycott the meeting of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe Because it has not changed its rules to exclude Russian representation, according to a Facebook post by Ukrainian parliamentarian Yevheniya Kravchuk.
- Russia will “to achieve its goals” In Ukraine, Vladimir Putin made the pledge on Friday, during a Kremlin-arranged meeting with veterans’ mothers and demobilized men. Russian President said “Share the Pain” Those who have lost their sons, ask not to believe “lie” About military action.
Find our live coverage from yesterday by clicking In this connection.