- At dawn on Monday 2 January a new air raid was launched against KewA New Year’s Day followed by dozens of Russian strikes that killed at least four people in the capital and elsewhere in the country. “Stay in the settlements! » asked Serhii Popkov in the telegram, head of Kiev’s military administration.
- Twelve aerial targets were shot down over the capitalAnd informed this management. “All emergency services are on the way”kyiv mayor Vitaly Klitschko wrote that he reported explosions in the raïon (administrative district) of Desniandsky, northeast of the capital, where a 19-year-old man was injured by shrapnel and taken to hospital.
- The Russian military has announced that it is continuing its offensive in the Donetsk region. In eastern Ukraine, most of the fighting is currently concentrated.
- The General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, for its part, insisted “The enemy continued to attempt attacks in Bagmouth sector »A city that the Russians had been trying to capture for over six months, at the cost of heavy losses on both sides.
- Pro-Russian officials say one civilian has died in breakaway areas of eastern Ukraine Yassynouvata, in the Donetsk region, during Ukrainian shelling on Sunday. According to them, Ukrainian forces attacked Donetsk and the neighboring city of Makhivka after midnight, injuring at least fifteen people.
- Russia to prevent men under 55 from leaving national territory, said the director of Ukrainian military intelligence. An objective already mentioned by Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksiy Reznikov Independence of Kiev, And it may come into effect by January 5.
- Moscow will soon run out of ammunition. According to Kyrillo Budanov, Director of Ukrainian Military Intelligence, Russia has only two ballistic missiles in Ukraine. By mid-March, the Russian army will find itself in a critical situation with regard to its weapons, Mr. Budanov continues. Belarusian industry could not supply the missing equipment, he further notes.
- Find yesterday’s live by clicking In this connection.
In pictures, in pictures. The war in Ukraine, in pictures: An ordinary New Year’s Eve in Kiev