On Thursday, November 4, 2021, Hans Cluz, Director of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Europe, expressed his concern about the resumption of the Govt-19 epidemic in Europe. Who are the most affected in France?
Rising govt epidemic. In fact for three weeks, all indicators have been rising. There are a total of ten additional deaths and 8,547 new cases in 24 hours, according to a recent report by health officials. But who suffers the most? We take part.
What are the age groups involved?
Circumstances vary by field, specify Western France, And the beginning of this wave cannot be said to be the “epidemic of youth” or the “epidemic of old age”.
- Bouches-du-Rhône: The virus mainly spreads to 10-49 year olds, most affected in 10-19 year olds. This seems to be a continuation of the peak recorded this summer.
- Pyrénées-Atlantiques: The virus spreads to adolescents and is more common in 0-9 year olds. However, we are in a period that includes the first week of the school holidays, during which time very few tests are performed on children.
- Haute-Corse: Most affected are 10-29 year olds, but 80-89 year olds. In Artennes, there are two peaks in the 30-39 age group, 90 and over.
- Maine-et-Loire, Vendée, Creuse and Jura: Infection recovery is most evident in people over 60 years of age. The incidence rates in Cruise and Jura are over 300 for people aged 90 and over, which may be due to clusters in institutions for the elderly.
- Arriège: In their latest epidemiological report, the Ariège Province and the Occitanie Regional Health Institute (ARS) found that young people between the ages of 10 and 20 were the most affected by the Govt epidemic – 19. While there were 48.8 cases per 100,000 citizens on October 24, 2016, the incidence rate in this segment of the population is now It is estimated at 85.4 cases per 100,000 population. lejournaltoulousain.fr.
In France, the number of tests for children has now dropped significantly as school holidays are over.
Who is more in the hospital?
According to our colleagues, the majority of patients treated for severe forms of Govit-19 are still elderly. The 60 years and older Most are hospitalized.
Ouest-France mentions Only 31% People over the age of 80 received a booster dose.