Cover Image: Roman Hrytsina/AP
- Russian missiles fell on two districts of Kew about thirty minutes after midnight. Its mayor Vitaly Klitschko announced on Telegram. No new injuries were immediately reported. On Saturday, December 31, 2022, several Ukrainian cities were previously targeted, including Kyiv.
- During his swearing-in, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky promised his country would fight until victory. “We are fighting and we will continue to fight. In support of this word: Victory”He declared.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin recited his vows alongside veterans who fought in Ukraine. He was decorated at the headquarters of the army of South Russia. He promised that “Moral and Historical Correct” was “on the side” from his country. “That is what we are fighting for today, protecting our people in our own historical territories, in Russia’s new constituent entities.”he said.
- Russian shelling caused destruction and fire in Mikolaj in the south. At least six people were injured, and in western Khmelnytskyi, four. The head of Ukrainian diplomacy, Dmytro Kuleba, accused Moscow of deliberately targeting residential areas.
- Meanwhile, French President Emmanuel Macron, in his New Year’s message, promised to continue helping Ukraine “without fail”. “Until Victory Comes”. “We will stand together to build a just and lasting peace. Trust in France and count on Europe”He repeated.
- Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu promised his soldiers an “inevitable” victory and reports a new exchange of prisoners, which allowed the return of 82 Russian soldiers. Ukrainian authorities, for their part, announced that 140 people had been rescued.
Find yesterday’s live by clicking In this connection.